[lit-ideas] Bush is depressed

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Bonnie Spiegel" <Bonnie121W@xxxxxxxxxxx>,"Alisa Spiegel" <ASpi1298@xxxxxxx>,"Raymond Spiro" <rspiro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"M. Ginger Spiro" <gingers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:57:14 -0400

A Marine colonel on his way home from work at the
Pentagon came to a dead halt in traffic and thought to himself, "Wow, this
traffic seems worse than usual. Nothing's even moving."

He notices a police officer walking back and forth
between the lines of cars so he rolls down his window and asks, "Excuse
me, Officer, what's the hold up?"

The Officer replies, "President Bush is just so
depressed about being behind in the polls that he stopped his motorcade
in the middle of the Beltway and he's threatening to douse himself in
gasoline and set himself on fire.  He says he can't find donors to give him
money for his campaign. I'm walking around taking up a collection
for him."

"Oh really? How much have you collected so far?"

"Only about three hundred gallons, but I've got a
lot of folks still siphoning!"