[lit-ideas] Re: British Politics Now

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 14:17:47 -0700 (PDT)

I wonder if it's possible that the higher fuel prices are keeping more cars off
the road, and/or driving slower.  Raising the speed limit doesn't make sense
since the U.K. seems among the countries that's on top of the climate
situation.  I had read that technology is keeping kids from what had been a
rite of passage, at least in America, a license and a car.  They're still doing
it, but now cars are competing with video games and Facebook.  There was a
headline not long ago that an older teenager died of a blood clot after
spending 20 hours at a video game.  They're also not leaving home the way they
did.  Maybe the car was the first step out the door?

Andy