[lit-ideas] Re: British Honor killings

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:28:08 EST

Yeah, well, religion thoroughly sucks, but that doesn't rob spirituality of
its rights.  Just because people feel the need to put the ineffable into
little boxes and then use those to destroy others out of a feeling of profound
paranoia and self-protection/defense does not rob all credence to the notion
that there is something beyond physical matter and that it might not only be
benign, but perhaps beneficent.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: British Honor
killings  Date: 3/11/06 12:42:24 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_pas@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just so nobody thinks that I'm supporting some  kind of proponent of
religiously motivated genocide, I wasn't saying earlier  that we
should declare war on [any] religious people, but 'religion'  itself.

Paul

[insert pithy quote  here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx