[lit-ideas] Re: British Honor killings

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:46:25 -0500

PS>I think it gets at the failure of "multiculturism".

how about the parents who shopped their suicide bomber son to the police?

Perhaps he should have done a better job of making sure that he dropped his insane culture when he migrated. Maybe he should have encouraged his son to assimilate instead of associated with murdering lunatics.

One man turns in son to police [our kind of honour], one man kills his daughter for 'askin for it' [his kind of honour]. So... both were honourable, but neither in the opposite milieu.

Incidentally, have you seen "house of sand and fog?" That'll make you flip-flop your attitude about 40 times in 2 hours. One of the best films of last year in my opinion.

Paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada