[lit-ideas] Re: Because Implicature

  • From: Mike Geary <gearyservice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 14:53:35 -0600

"Because" used as a preposition.

Old hat where I come from.  Why do I say that?  Because.  Because why?
Because because.  But because because why?  Because I do, damnit!  Now shut
the fuck up and get on about you business.  Language is whatever the hell
gets the thought across.  A fart as a physiological phenomenon can be used
as a word if it successfully conveys one's meaning within a communication
context -- whatever that means.  That's the end all and be all of
language.  So sayeth I and sayeth rightly so and justly because.