[lit-ideas] Re: Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful Boy

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 16:33:30 EDT

In a message dated 5/14/2009 4:30:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wokshevs@xxxxxx writes:
Interesting enthymeme. Missing premise:

P1:  All events in life are experienced.

Add to:

P2: Death is not  experienced.

C: Therefore, death is not an event in  life.

Reconstructing logical form:

All a are b
No c are  b
Therefore, no c are a.

Valid. And yet Socrates tells us that life  is but the learning of how to
die. Go
figure.

Walter  O
soundness checking

----

Some say it's a sign of nettiquette  NOT to change headers, but I can't
avoid it. I _have_ to be creative. That's one  thing.

Another is: It slightly irritates me (under the right elbow) when I see
deep transcendental arguments under stupid irrelevant headers.

For I was joking on 'beautiful' and recalled a song:

          beautiful,  beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy.

Lennon says:

   Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other  plans.

McEvoy retorted:

    Death too, sometimes.

-- He thought he was being funny. He possibly was. It's not clear who 'you'
 Lennon means: Sean (hardly), Lennon hisself. Consider "The death of
Lennon"

      Death is what _happens_ to you...

but death is not an event (Witt, 6, ...) therefore.

must rush

JLS

**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.