[lit-ideas] Re: Bawer

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:26:46 -0500

>>How strange that you would think the business about entitlements inflammatory but not the business of Radical Islam destroying the West.

Maybe the West is getting the Muslim hillbilly segment? The Middle Eastern versions of Ma and Pa Kettle or the Clampetts who load up their trucks and banjos and move to Londonistan?
Of course, judging from the post below, the hillbillies are all over the place, many in powerful ones.

This from Moorish Girl's Blog [http://www.moorishgirl.com/]

More Insanity About the Cartoons

Last month, I mentioned the cases of several Arab editors who are facing charges for daring to print the infamous Jyllands-Posten cartoons. Yesterday, the BBC reported that Yemeni editor Muhammad al-Asadi is now facing the death penalty for his actions, which is absolute insanity.

The English-language newspaper has had its licence to publish suspended, although its staff have continued to produce material online.

Prosecutors reportedly requested that the Yemen Observer be closed permanently and have its property and assets confiscated.

The paper's website reported that the prosecution lawyers cited precedents from Muslim history when the prophet was insulted by a woman and then praised her killer.

I'm curious about this bizarre hadith, because the one I know of reports the absolute opposite reaction. Specifically, it cites the case of a woman who always waited for the prophet as he walked out of his house to preach, in order to throw garbage at him and insult him. When she failed to show up one day, the Prophet went to inquire about her health. So clearly whatever story they're relying on is not the same one I've heard. Proof, once again, that you can use religion to back up just about anything.