[lit-ideas] Re: Are We Happy Yet?

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:08:23 -0400

At 12:46 PM 7/31/2006, you wrote:

"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office">
Vanuatu, Mike, is Paradise.  (Denmark's OK too!)

They had a Survivor series there a few seasons back: "Vanuatu: Islands of Fire". It has the distinction for being the most boring Survivor ever, with the 'winner' being simply 'not the loser' in the end. As Judy says, "it's paradise", so much so, that the winner, Chris Daugherty is arguing [in court] that he was 'cured' of depression and stress sickness by lying to his employer (and collecting his salary) so he could go 'away' and compete for the prize. Personally, it didn't look all that paradisical when I watched it each week. A lot of the other locales have appeared a lot nicer. Still with only a couple of hundred thousand folks in 850,000 km^2, it makes for nice, solitary living if you find a jungle of your own to stay.

p.s. Yes, I'm a Survivor junkie. It's one of my 13 guilty pleasures.