[lit-ideas] "And I don't feel so well myself."-- Ionesco.

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:56:23 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 7/19/2013 12:43:28 P.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx writes:
QUESTION  1:  Is Christianity the only religion/myth in which the God gets
killed,  but carries on?  QUESTION 2: In Christianity, God not only talks
directly  to human beings, he even shows himself.  In Judaism, God talks to
human  beings but only as a burning bush or a voice out of the clouds as when
he  questions Adam's wardrobe, or he writes things on walls, etc., but never
person  to person. Does God ever talk to human beings in Islam?

Re: Question 1:

_http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Eug%C3%A8ne_Ionesco_
(http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Eugène_Ionesco)

"God is dead. Marx is dead. And I don’t feel so well myself."
As quoted in Jewish American Literature : A Norton Anthology (2000) by
Jules Chametzky, "Jewish Humor", p. 318.

We should find out how

"I don't feel so well myself"

translates to Rumanian before making any eschatological remark, but Geary's
 statement invites this sort of research -- or not.

Cheers,

Speranza