[lit-ideas] Re: Administration of Secrecy

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:48:34 -0800

Yeah, Timmerman in his Countdown to Crisis, the Coming Nuclear Showdown with
Iran described how Iran was able to get an enormous amount of detail
information from our "public domain" on how to build various parts of their
nuclear facilities and weapons.  We have apparently been extremely unwise in
what we allow to go public.  If we hadn't been so sloppy over the years,
very few nations out there would have atomic weapons.  I was surprised to
learn that France obtained their information from us in the same way.  I
thought they figured it out on their own. Not so.  I guess the same thing is
true of Israel.  But removing I now is a bit like closing the barn door.
Those guys can not get the info from each other.

Lawrence

  _____