[lit-ideas] Re: AFAICA (as far as I'm concerned anyway)

  • From: Adriano Palma <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 07:28:30 +0000

apparently

From: lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mike Geary
Sent: 27 September 2015 01:33
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] AFAICA (as far as I'm concerned anyway)

On 9/23 I wrote: [quoting lyrics from REM's "You are the everything"

{"The stars are the greatest thing you've ever seen
And they're there for you
For you alone you are the everything."

Yep. That's pretty much the way I see it too. Without me perceiving nothing
would exist, not as far as I'm concerned anyway.. What is has no meaning
except what I give to it. I am the meaning giver. Just like you. Res Rei
Rei REM Re.}
I'm a bit surprised that anyone would have any problems the above statement.
If I did not exist to perceive the world then the world could not possibly have
any meaning to me since there wouldn't be a me. All existence -- from my
perspective -- as far as I'm concerned -- exists only because I exist to
perceive it. If there is no you there is no anything. All depends upon your
existence. If you do exist then you can start giving meaning to what you
encounter in your existence. When you exist ALL EXISTENCE is you. One you
die, EXISTENCE dies. Earlier I said : "as for as I'm concerned" -- that was
wrong because once I'm dead there will be no me to have concern, there will be
no existence PERIOD. While there is a me, I proclaim that to be true for
everyone. That might come across as radically solipsistic, if so, sorry, but
that's just your perception of it -- which of course makes it true and valid
and absolute -- until you change your perception of course.
Still here apparently.