[lit-ideas] AFAICA (as far as I'm concerned anyway)

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 18:32:55 -0500

On 9/23 I wrote: [quoting lyrics from REM's "You are the everything"

{"The stars are the greatest thing you've ever seen
And they're there for you
For you alone you are the everything."

Yep. That's pretty much the way I see it too. Without me perceiving
nothing would exist, not as far as I'm concerned anyway.. What is has no
meaning except what I give to it. I am the meaning giver. Just like you.
Res Rei Rei REM Re.}

I'm a bit surprised that anyone would have any problems the above
statement. If I did not exist to perceive the world then the world could
not possibly have any meaning to me since there wouldn't be a me. All
existence -- from my perspective -- as far as I'm concerned -- exists only
because I exist to perceive it. If there is no you there is no anything.
All depends upon your existence. If you do exist then you can start giving
meaning to what you encounter in your existence. When you exist ALL
EXISTENCE is you. One you die, EXISTENCE dies. Earlier I said : "as for as
I'm concerned" -- that was wrong because once I'm dead there will be no me
to have concern, there will be no existence PERIOD. While there is a me, I
proclaim that to be true for everyone. That might come across as radically
solipsistic, if so, sorry, but that's just your perception of it -- which
of course makes it true and valid and absolute -- until you change your
perception of course.
Still here apparently.