[lit-ideas] Re: A Fish Eyed View of the World - Correction

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:51:42 -0700 (PDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jul 26, 2004 6:41 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: A Fish Eyed View of the World - Correction

----- Original Message -----

> The goldfish and its existential despair.  Ha.  I love it :)
>

> I meant to write:

I gathered that.

>  Who are we to say what a goldfish is feeling?

I see your point, of course, but in reply I could also write "Exactly."
That kind of response can go both ways when it comes to this ban on goldfish
bowls.

A.A. As W.C. Fields said, not the way I play it.  I don't see how my response
can go both ways.  When you say "exactly", you mean that the goldfish could
feel nothing, so it's fine for us to do what we want with it.  That's what we
assume about each other too.

Andy Amago

back to the Antinomies in Toronto,
Erin.