[Linux-Discussion] Re: response

  • From: bobbya <bobbya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 14:42:07 -0700

I tried to explain it, but I did not want to make a giant email war with you
or potentially anyone else. I think it is faster to just
show the picture than to try to write a book explaining it. Right?

As to how that 501 got to be the same gid, it is a little story that I can't
remember well, but I don't think I edited that group file.
Anyway, any problem resurfaces itself, and that is good.

I'd type "ls -l" and my group name was "postgres". I then would do "chgrp
bobbya *" in my home and subdirectories, and I'd still
be in the postgres group. I finally looked into numbers, 501 levis was the
magic number.

Robert,