[Linux-Discussion] Re: MS Word crap...

  • From: Bruno Van de Casteele <brunovdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:04:14 +0100

On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:29:13 EST, Carteblancher@xxxxxxx wrote:

|   One of my local Linux groups just had a discussion (yesterday) about what
|apps anyone would even want to run enough to have Windowz on a machine. The
|only ones anyone could come up with were the obvious nod to the Adobe suite,
|Quicken something called "QuickBooks" which I known nada about.

coreldraw too. still something that i feel does not work very good on
WINE, and besides, not the latest version (if i recall correctly)

oh, and games off course :-)

some more serious programs that i havent found a satisfying equivalent:
* different astronomyprograms (but it's changing)
* xnews.. the best newsreader in the world (could work under wine
though)
--
Bruno Van de Casteele  brunovdc@xxxxxxx
N.P. Puam              [ ICQ#: CA957F ]

"If the flesh came for the sake of the spirit, it is a miracle.
But if the spirit for the sake of the flesh -
it is a miracle of miracles."
The Gospel of Thomas