[Linux-Discussion] Re: MS Word crap...

  • From: Carteblancher@xxxxxxx
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:29:13 EST

In a message dated 3/10/01 5:10:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
brunovdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Uhm, so does anyone on this list even *have* M$ Word? >>

   One of my local Linux groups just had a discussion (yesterday) about what
apps anyone would even want to run enough to have Windowz on a machine. The
only ones anyone could come up with were the obvious nod to the Adobe suite,
Quicken something called "QuickBooks" which I known nada about.

     As for M$ Word, it  has been considered by several school disctricts
(including New York) as the mandantory district wide required format for all
assigments and papers to be turned in, in. [sic]  This move is partly what
prompted a NY Linux group to push to open source NY city schools.

            Carte
            Linux: Because Penguins don't wear ties.

aside to Donna- 5 paragraphs might be construed as a layout tool, but 200
paragraphs definitely seems like an Easter Egg.