[linux-cirrus] ep9315 touchscreen

  • From: Ryan Mallon <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arm kernel <linux-arm-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:51:34 +1200

Has anybody managed to get a touchscreen working on the ep93xx series,
specifically the ep9315, under Linux? We have been trying in vain for a
while now to get it to do anything. I have tried using the Cirrus Logic
driver from their 2.6.20.4 kernel, and also a basic driver that I wrote
myself.

There is an errata which states that the pen down interrupt is broken,
and the suggested working around is to set the min x/y movement to 0 so
that interrupts constantly trigger and then detect touchscreen events
when the xy_result register changes between interrupts. However, we
cannot ever get the xy_result register to change.

I have connected a 4-wire touchscreen up, and have all the lines
connected to a scope and it all looks correct as described in the ep93xx
users guide (I can see x and y movement on the scope when I press on the
touchscreen). I have also tried disabling the touchscreen and using the
ADC directly, but I can't get that to work either.

I'm running out of ideas. Can anybody confirm that is does in fact work,
since I am seriously starting to suspect it is a silicon bug.

~Ryan

--
Bluewater Systems Ltd - ARM Technology Solution Centre

       Ryan Mallon                              Unit 5, Amuri Park
       Phone: +64 3 3779127                     404 Barbadoes St
       Fax:   +64 3 3779135                     PO Box 13 889
       Email: ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             Christchurch, 8013
       Web:   http://www.bluewatersys.com       New Zealand
       Freecall Australia  1800 148 751         USA 1800 261 2934