[Linux-Anyway] made up my mind

  • From: "Mercy Design" <MercyDesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Linux anyway" <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 18:32:08 -0400

I might as well tell you what I decided on, career wise since I've been
rambling about it for, what... 2 days now?

Well, the state money fell through... funny how hubby makes "too much money"
but we're barely making ends meat. dumbassgovernment....

Anyway... I have a mom who's good at squishing dreams, but her mom (my
grandma) is awsome.  She gave me a loan so I could register for CNA classes
(Certified Nursing assistant).

it's only a 4 week program... they help you find a job, and most hospitals
and doc's offices will do tuition reimbursment.  that's how a friend of mine
got her ASN to be an RN.  She started as a CNA and got hired into a large
hospital and they paid for her classes.

The CNA classes are given by the Red Cross... good organization, and I
imagine it will look good on a resume.

I've been seeing a lot of ads for CNA's too... and the pay isn't great, but
it's a foot in the door.

I'm feeling pretty damned lucky to have a grandma who's practically a saint
lol.

Wish me luck.  Classes start Oct. 14 and end Nov. 8.  5pm until 10pm.

Mercy