[Linux-Anyway] Re: Wheee!

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:41:16 -0800 (PST)

  Hey Horror,

> >   Just got a digital camera of my very own:-).  It's a
> > FujiFilm FinePix A200.  While it comes with a 16M card, I
> > also got an additional 128M card & reader.  Trouble is, the
> > 128M card is the wrong size & won't fit in the camera.

> What about the reader? Take care that you don't end up with two
> mem-cards that will fit the camera, but nothing else.

  Dunno for sure, but I think the reader I got is the same as the
one Victorea & I'd bought for her when she got her camera --
which is supposed to take any size card.  I'll check it out to be
sure, though.

> Those digital thingies certainly look more and more tempting,
> but for now I'm still with good glass & emulsion. A couple of
> Rokkor lenses and a batch of Sensia and Velvia is something I'd
> much prefer - especially since I got SANE running now, and it
> does a fair job of it (at any rate better than the crappy Agfa
> scanner software).

  Heh.  I still prefer my old Kodak -- made in the early
1920's;-).  I'm hoping I'll have better luck in Europe getting
b&w film for it than I have here.  If not, I'll sell it for a
couple of bucks (euros).

> >   Don't suppose anyone has the (small) xD 128M card they
> > can't use, but would love a swap for the larger format 128M
> > card...?

> Heh, I guess me, Godwin and our Kiwi friend (I don't remember
> if there's others that live in remote regions) are excluded
> from the offer. The shipping would cost a bunch. Lucky I don't
> have such a thing.

  No.  Certainly, you & Godwin are included.  But, naturally, the
cost just forces us to keep track of the cards in question that
we can make the swap after I get to Poland, as shipping will be
~much~ cheaper then.

  So, if ya wanna, let's try to remember where we keep the cards,
so round August we can make the swap.  Besides, there's still the
possibility I might opt for going through Vienne on my way there.
We might be able to do it over beer:-).

--
  If today is the first day of the rest of your life, what the
  hell was yesterday?