[Linux-Anyway] Re: Wheee!

  • From: Horror Vacui <horrorvacui@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:15:22 +0100

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:17:32 -0800 (PST)
Meph wrote:

>   Just got a digital camera of my very own:-).  It's a FujiFilm
> FinePix A200.  While it comes with a 16M card, I also got an
> additional 128M card & reader.  Trouble is, the 128M card is the
> wrong size & won't fit in the camera.

What about the reader? Take care that you don't end up with two
mem-cards that will fit the camera, but nothing else.

Those digital thingies certainly look more and more tempting, but for
now I'm still with good glass & emulsion. A couple of Rokkor lenses and
a batch of Sensia and Velvia is something I'd much prefer - especially
since I got SANE running now, and it does a fair job of it (at any rate
better than the crappy Agfa scanner software).

By the way, in case someone hasn't heard, Linux 2.6 is out.

>   Don't suppose anyone has the (small) xD 128M card they can't
> use, but would love a swap for the larger format 128M card...?

Heh, I guess me, Godwin and our Kiwi friend (I don't remember if there's
others that live in remote regions) are excluded from the offer. The
shipping would cost a bunch. Lucky I don't have such a thing.

Cheers

--
Horror Vacui

Registered Linux user #257714