[Linux-Anyway] Re: Vacation page

  • From: "Mercy Design" <MercyDesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:38:02 -0400

> >>The pages get blocked for an hour, so now you'll probably be able to see
> >>the pictures. I'd like to know how a pro judges my judgement...
> >>

> >It sucks :)
> >
> >The red veil on the first photo is characteristic of a regular C41 film
> >being accidentally exposed. When E6 film gets veiled, the stains are
> >yellow/white.
> >

> I am quite likely to shoot several rolls of C41 and E6 on the same
> location if the location is worth it. I said that some pictures make me
> think that it could be E6. A red veil on one shot doesn't mean the
> others are from the same roll. :-P

Ok guys... leme clarify for you....
It's regular old Kodak Max 35mm film from the drug store.  I bought the same
type of film, in a four pack.  It's all the same kind.

> >The lack of contrast on the darker pictures is more likely a scanner
> >problem.

> You mean, the excess of contrast... ;-) The same can happen with E6.
> Anyway, seeing the results, Mercy should either change her lab or her
> scanner. It should come out nicer with print film.

Or, perhaps, my camera?????  I'm telling you guys, though you say a camera
doesn't have to be expensive to work well, ok, i'll give you that... but
this CAMERA SUCKS.  No fancy features, no light meeter, nothing!!! Just a
friggin button to push to take the picture, and the option of turning on the
flash if needed.

And, my scanner isn't the best either.  It's a cheapy I got on sale for $70
at best buy about 2 years ago.

Granted, I could have probably used better film, however, funding funding
funding... we were limited on cash for this trip, so I bought what I could
afford.  400 speed Kodak max 35mm film in a 4 pack with a coupon.

As for the developing lab, yes, I could have spent more money to take the
film elsewhere to get it developed, but like I said before... limited funds.
And I had a feeling the pictures might be fubared because half the time when
I pressed the button to take a picture, it didn't snap.  Let me say it
again.... CHEAP CRAPPY CAMERA. I think the "disposable" off brand cameras
I've bought in the past take better pictures.

And, I really don't care if they look professional.  It's just a simple
group of vacation pictures, mostly for mine & hubby's enjoyment... I only
posted them there because my family wanted to see them, and my friends.  And
I asked if someone would take a look at the page with a linux browser to
make sure the page was linux friendly.  I've heard that not all web pages
are linux friendly... may be there's a topic you can clarify for me.

When we get hubby's camera fixed, I plan to "work" on my photography
skills... I have some ideas for photos I'd like to take.

CRAPPY CAMERA... ok?  get it? LOL... it sucked.  believe me.

Mercy