[Linux-Anyway] Re: Vacation page

  • From: Horror Vacui <horrorvacui@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:23:37 +0200

Godwin Stewart wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:00:55 +0200, Horror Vacui <horrorvacui@xxxxxxx>
>squashed this out of the keyboard:
>

>>The pages get blocked for an hour, so now you'll probably be able to see
>>the pictures. I'd like to know how a pro judges my judgement...
>>

>It sucks :)
>
>The red veil on the first photo is characteristic of a regular C41 film
>being accidentally exposed. When E6 film gets veiled, the stains are
>yellow/white.

I am quite likely to shoot several rolls of C41 and E6 on the same
location if the location is worth it. I said that some pictures make me
think that it could be E6. A red veil on one shot doesn't mean the
others are from the same roll. :-P

>The lack of contrast on the darker pictures is more likely a scanner
>problem.

You mean, the excess of contrast... ;-) The same can happen with E6.
Anyway, seeing the results, Mercy should either change her lab or her
scanner. It should come out nicer with print film.

>You wanted to know!

Yeah, right. Thank you so very much! :-)

Well, I can still get myself out of the affair with the fact that
judging it across 2 PC's with (likely) different gamma is difficult. I
don't know how Mercy's PC is set, mine is uncalibrated under Linux
because I don't know how (if possible at all) to change settings for
nvidia linux driver. If there's an excuse, I'll find it ;-)

Cheers
Horror Vacui