[Linux-Anyway] Re: So, then why is MS #1?

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:30:11 -0700 (PDT)

> > >   Maybe it's just me, but I've had equal difficulties ~&~
> > > successes between these two OS's getting printers working.
> > > But I've never found a printer simply ~stop~ working in
> > > Linux -- unlike experiences in M$.

> > And my printer set up the first time on Linux.

> Stop showing off.  I guess I'm just better at setting them up
> than Meph is in MS.  :)  <ducks>

  No need to duck -- you can have it.  As you know, the only
thing I think M$ OS's are good for (&, naturally, not all of
them) is gaming.  I only set up a printer in Windows for my girl
friend.  Even her 16yo daughter is running Linux;-).

> Anyway, problem turned out to be solvable--if there are any
> Gentoo users here, one has to a) specify cups in /etc/make.conf
> USE variables and b) sometimes emerge ghostscript after
> cups--as cups emerges ghostscript as a dependency, this can
> mean unmerging and re-emerging ghostscript.

  Gee, & it takes so much less time, usually, in RH...;-).

  Meph

--
  It is only the great men who are truly obscene.  If they had
  not dared to be obscene, they could never have dared to be