[Linux-Anyway] Re: Really Dumb Questions - procmailrc

  • From: storm <storm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:59:04 -0600

K,... I've got some of this figured out, but some is still a mystery.

> # Is this stuff relevant if my mail file is under /var/spool/mail?
> # I think it is, but ....?

Still not too sure about this part.

> MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
> DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox
> LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
> LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail
>

> # what's the "b" for?
Should be "B" but I still don't quite get it.  This flag means "Egrep
the body", but attachments aren't generally part of the body are they?
This would info would be in the header wouldn't it?
> :0b
> # identifies the thing we're testing for...
> * .*name=.*\.(vbs|bat|com|exe|scr|pif|uue|zip)
> # a folder where the suspect email will be stored?
> # lives where? /home/test/Mail/possiblevirus ?? if I use evolution,
> # or even squirrelmail, how do I see this, if my "regular" mail
> # lives in /var/spool/mail/test?

Looks like it, but I'm still not sure how this relates to the
/var/spool/mail dir

> possiblevirus
>
> # I think this is right...
> :0fw: spamassassin.lock
> | usr/bin/spamc
>
> # I -must- be reading this wrong, cos I see any message being less than
> # ~200KB marked as spam and ?thrown into a folder named caughtspam in
> the /home/test/Mail dir? Again with the squirrelmail/evolution question?

duh,... the spamc will mark it this way, and only if the X-Spam-Status
is set to yes will it drop it into the folder.  but,... wouldn't the * >
200000 be better up one line? just above the spamc line?