[Linux-Anyway] Re: FreeBSD resolv.conf followup and a script to clean ports

  • From: Scott Robbins <scottro@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:58:15 -0400

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 07:54:21PM +0200, Horror Vacui wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:35:23 -0400
> Scott wrote:
>

> Probably no need for that, but if you want to try it out, be careful -
> although I took precautions against it, it got wrapped for some reason
> or other (a couple of lines toward the end).

I wonder which is faster, shell or perl. As they're both interpreted,
probably the same, but either way, it's a thing to do when you're away
for awhile.

> > Next, on to NetBSD.  :)
>
> No, thanks, you just go ahead. I - a Linux afficionado and GPL-fetishist
> - already have *BSD installed on more machines than Linux. Installing
> another BSD simply won't do :)

I've played with NetBSD, but lately, 1.6.2 is giving me a lot of
trouble--a lot of packages are not compiling properly. I should really
use Free to simply learn Unix better.  I'm far less of a distro slut
than I used to be, but when I have a free partition, I feel like adding
something new to it.

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Buffy: I gotta stop him before he unleashes unholy havoc and
it's just another Tuesday night in Sunnydale.