[Linux-Anyway] Re: FreeBSD resolv.conf followup and a script to clean ports

  • From: Scott Robbins <srobbins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:35:23 -0400

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 05:19:29PM +0200, Horror Vacui wrote:
> Scott wanted to know this, so:
>
> No, the FreeBSD install procedure doesn't create an /etc/resolv.conf.
> I've reinstalled now (somewhat more successfully), and had to touch
> resolv.conf again.

hrm, odd.  I'll have to do a test sooner or later.

> Also: as a response to my whining about space constraints, you've
> recommended to do a 'make clean' in /usr/ports.

That was to clean everything--yes, it goes through everything.  What you
should have done---err, what I should have explained in a better way--
is just when you install something from ports do make install clean.
The other option is a shell script--which you do better than I, but
something like

for i in /usr/ports/*/* ; do
if [ -d work ]; then
rm -rf work
fi
done

(Something like that, I have a script at home that was better tested and
thought out.)

> So I wrote a script to do this a bit more
> intelligently.

Probably better than the above.  :)  (I snipped it, but will almost
certainly use it in the future).

Next, on to NetBSD.  :)

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

 Willow: It's horrible. That's me as a vampire? I'm so evil, and
skanky. And I think I'm kind of gay.
Buffy: Willow, just remember, a vampire's personality has nothing
to do with the person it was.
Angel: Well, actually... That's a good point.