[lifesaviors] capacitors, hydrogen, flywheels, Living Machines

  • From: Uwe Brunjes <ubrunjes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lifesaviors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:59:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Joel and Lion,

thanks for answering to my comments! My intention was
of course not to counterdict anything that was
carefully planned and layed out in Lion's proposal,
but to trigger discussion, new thoughts, looking at
things from another angle, etc., and that apparently
is beginning to happen.

Regarding the supercapacitors, I only wanted to say
that by the time we will be able to build an ecocity,
things might have changed. And regarding the hydrogen
problem, leaks can be fixed, valves and connectors can
be designed more gas-tight, etc., but of course we
should be aware of possible new problems we didn't
even dream of. Those enemies of progress that are
always lurking might use details like these to "shoot
us down".

What is interesting for me is that old technologies
all the sudden have a "come back". That refers to the
flywheel! Last time I saw one was when I was a kid, on
a combine...

And the Living Machine is no machine at all, but a
clever use of micro- and macro-organisms. If I recall
correctly, only about 2 square meters are required per
household (average) to treat all sewer water. That
sounds to me like an interesting option, especially
combined with solar distillation, to eliminate all
pathogens, foul odors, etc. Therefore I wanted to
introduce it to the list. For those who are
interested, a web search returns quite a few results.

Last of all, long messages are a problem for me, so I
want to give a good example with a short one.

Uwe

http://sbc.yahoo.com