[lifesaviors] Re: pv-breeders

  • From: "Lion Kuntz" <lionkuntz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lifesaviors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:31:05 -0800

From: "Juergen Paulussen"

> Dear all, just some questions for consideration.
>
> 1. pv-breeders
> Up to now, I've got no clear idea about the PV-breeders.
> What is the differnece to PV-panels?

PV panels make DC electricity out of sunlight. PV breeders make PC Panels out
of electricity made from sunlight. The available PV panel allotment on the
initial Palaces had room for 3440 meters2 of PV panels. This generates enough
electricity to cast Solar-Grade (I will often abbreviate as SoG) ingots to be
sawn into wafers and processed to replicate its capacity every 32 days. The PV
breeders can be anywhere, and do not need to be mounted in cities. Solar farms
can breed new PV wafers anywhere. The 32 days figure is based on highly refined
silicon. Purification of the silicon feedstock is the source of a large
percentage of the pollution in the electronic industry, and consumes
considerable energy as well.

I have ideas how recycling glass (silicon-dioxide) can be refined to SoG
silicon using a slow heat process, electrolysis of the silicon melt to extract
ionic impurities, and using zone solidiification. It is against industrial
philosophy to use slow processes if fast dirty ones are available, so there is
no research supportingg my ideas -- they are speculative based on known
materials properties, some commercial processes, and chemophysical laws.

The heat of melting silicon can be stored in an insulated pool of liquid
silicon, and this heat extracted for seasonal thermal boost. The PV breeder
furnace (1,414 C) requires a water cooled jacket, which emits a constant flow
of steam which can drive a turbine. The waste heat from the turbine can be
extraced for laundry, etc. There are inevitable losses in every stage, but
useful quantities of heat can be extracted which is currently wasted. These are
ideas which have no research results backing them, but comply with our
expectations of the laws of physics.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup