[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: math translation issues

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:52:24 -0600

Both liblouis and liblouisxml are designed to be their own development
tools. When liblouisxml encounters tags in documents which it does
not recognize, it creates an appended_xxx.sem file with the unknown
tags, each with a semantic action of no, which means no action. It then
goes on to translate the document according to what it knows.

The translation should be good, because the appended_html.sem file looks
as though the unknown tags affect only how things look in print. Please
let us know if you did in fact, get a good translation.

To get rid of the message about appended_html.sem you must change at
least one of the semantic actions to something other than no. Try
changing one of them to generic . liblouisxml will add new entries to
the file, but there is a limit to the number of entries it will add for
a given element,attribute pair. You can look at the file occasionally to
see if there is anything important. You can prevent liblouisxml from
creating or expanding "appended_" files by putting "newentries no" in
your configuration file. This is intended only for users who are not
computer literate.

John

--
My websites: