[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: lou_allround and character sets

  • From: lars@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Lars Bjørndal)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:18:04 +0100

Hello, John!

You write:

> I thought you would use a special keyboard. The characters would be
> between hex 80 and ff. lou_allround should accept them. I don't really
> understand the problem. As a matter of fact, I've been thinking of
> having lou_ablround Accept characters in the \xhhhh format and show
> these special characters in the same way.

All my tables are written in character set ISO8859-1. The keyboard layout
I use is no-latin1.map.

lou_allround
Command: t
Enter the name of a table: No-No-g2.ctb
Command: r
Type something, press enter, and view the results.
A blank line returns to command entry.
før
Translation:
f',xfff8'r
Back-translation:
f',overfff8'har

I tried to define xfff8 to dots 246 as well, but then the word "før"
was not converted.

Do I miss something?

Thanks
Lars

--
Handy Tech Norge AS, v/Lars Bjørndal <lars@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Storetveitåsen 15, 5067 Bergen. Kontortelefon: 23 25 30 90,