[liblouis-liblouisxml] looking for some general information

  • From: Kristina Kolley <kristina.kolley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 16:33:15 -0500

Hi,

I am a JAWS and iPhone user, and am new to this list. I should also mention
that I have not yet used Liblouis, but would like to give it a try soon.

First of all, does JAWS support Liblouis? I have not actually done any braille
input on my PC, so don't know how responsive I can expect JAWS to be in terms
of reading out, in terms of textual content, what has just been brailled.

Another more immediate interest of mine is to learn UEB. I have MBraille on my
phone, but since that software does not yet have a UEB table, to my knowledge,
there is no practical way for me to begin implementing the code into my
everyday life, so I have not bothered learning the code. I thought that, if
nothing else, LibLouis would at least enable me to practice using UEB on a
regular basis.

I might also be interested in taking some course notes in braille on my PC. Is
this possible, or is Liblouis more for transcription purposes?

Sorry for all the basic questions.

Thank you,

Kristina

Sent from my iPhoneFor a description of the software, to download it and links
project pages go to http://liblouis.org