[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: introduction, liblouis bindings for other languages and possible linux/multi-OS grafical application

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 03:55:33 -0600

Rui,

As you mention, there are already Python bindings for Orca. I would like
to hear from the Orca people how general they are. Java bindings would
be a very nice thing to have. You might like to look at liblouisxml as
well as liblouis. While liblouis does braille translation and
back-translation, liblouisxml does a complete job of braille
transcription, including formatting into paragraphs, headers, etc,
insertion of page numbers, translation of math, and much more.

Cross-platform applications would be nice, but I understand that it is
hard to make them accessible. There is documntation on the Mac
application, called louis, at a link on http://www.jjb-software.com .

There is also an experimental Web application, which I will describe in
another message.

--
John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
JJB Software, Inc.