[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Who is interested in working on a Windows GUI for liblouisutdml?

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:51:33 +0100

Well then, would there be a case for it in the BRF editor which is being developed?

A BRF would be opened with "Open" and XML could be imported, translation being part of the import process.

It would be little effort to do this.

In the past I did nearly write a GUI for LibLouisUTDML due to the MSVC build not compiling the tools and so there being a lack of tools when building with MSVC. At that time I was using .NET a lot and so probably would have used WPF for it. However that would be windows only.

As I now have mingw-w64 working on my Linux system, I have windows builds with the command line tools and so I do not have the need now. I am not certain whether I have the time to create such a tool at the moment.

Michael Whapples

On 20/07/2015 11:57, Keith Creasy wrote:

One could make a good argument for something that does allow text editing after
the transformation of the XML. It wouldn't be the kind of tool we are trying to
create in BrailleBlaster but would rather be an editor similar to the
commercial transcription tools that are out there now - really a glorified
braille text editor.

I don't believe it would be all that difficult and would probably be very
useful to individuals and anyone who wasn't trying to meet the exacting
standards of professionally produced braille or the requirements of BANA.