[liblouis-liblouisxml] Use of the lou_hyphenate function

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 16:26:43 +0100

Hello,
I have tried to add support for the lou_hyphenate function into my java bindings, but I seem to only get the value 0 returned (IE. its failing to complete). Unfortunately I don't know why it fails to complete. I am using the en-us-g2.ctb translation table as I understand that the en-GB-g2.ctb table isn't so well developed. I also tried passing in the following string for translation table to see if specifying a hyphenation dictionary would help "en-us-g2.ctb,hyph_en_US.dic" but still no success.

I guess first thing to check is if I am using a suitable table. If not what would be a correct value for trantab?

Also for those java developers what would be your preferred return type, I plan to have it return a byte array with values as given by lou_hyphenate in the hyphens parameter. An alternative I can think of is to return a int array with each value being the index of a 1 value in the hyphens parameter of lou_hyphenate (IE. by iterating over the return value you would get each index of the beginning of a syllable, which could be used on the string you passed into the method).

Michael Whapples