[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Use file2brl

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 08:41:10 -0500

If I remember right, you are using the translate subcommand in
BrailleBlaster. On Linux you would be better off using the file2brl
program, which is a command-line interface to the libraries. Go to
http://www.abilitiessoft.com find the downloads page and download
liblouisutdml and liblouis . Use the tar command to unpack them. In the
liblouis directory that results type these commands

configure
make

Now get root priveleges and type

make install

Do the same in the liblouisutdml directory.

You can now run the file2brl program at any command prompt. It behaves
just like the translate subcommand in BrailleBlaster.

Pleasw remember to use a subject for your messages. The last one had no
subject.