[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Uncontracted email addresses and URLs

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 03:09:26 -0500

Lars,

It's great that you are using liblouisutdml.

e-mail addresses should be handled correctly. The &lt; and &gt; entities
will be converted to their corresponding characters in the process of
parsing. The strings .com .org etc., which are defined by the compbrl
opcode will cause the entire shitespace surrounded string in which they
occur to be converted into computer braille. A different tablle is not
necessary.

If something in computer braille is too long to fit on a line, the
literary hyphen will be used. This is hard-coded right now. It needs to
be fixed. You are the first to have an issue with it. I'll put it on my
to-do list.

John