[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Uncontracted email addresses and URLs

  • From: lars@xxxxxxxxxxx (Lars Bjørndal)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 12:42:06 +0200

Hei, John!

Thank you for your quick response!

You wrote:

> e-mail addresses should be handled correctly. The < and > entities
> will be converted to their corresponding characters in the process of
> parsing.

Yes, that's right.

> The strings .com .org etc., which are defined by the compbrl
> opcode will cause the entire shitespace surrounded string in which they
> occur to be converted into computer braille. A different tablle is not
> necessary.

It is necessary - really, at least to meet the Norwegian standards. Let
me explain by an example:

Let's assume the following fictive URL: abc4braille.com. Following the
Norwegian standards for braille conversion, this should be converted
into: abc#d<letter sign>braille.com. Because of this way doing it, I
think there should be a combrlChangeTable solution. See?

> If something in computer braille is too long to fit on a line, the
> literary hyphen will be used. This is hard-coded right now. It needs to
> be fixed. You are the first to have an issue with it. I'll put it on my
> to-do list.

Thank you.

Lars