[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: UTDML namespace

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:22:02 +0100

I don't think that the actual namespace string matters too much, so long as the namespace is unique. I would possibly though suggest may be the namespace is something like (as how one declares it in XML):

xmlns:utd="http://liblouis.org/utd";

The .html extension does not make much sense to have.

As I said, as it does not matter too much what it is, I will not push for any in particular so long as we get one.

Michael Whapples
On 17/10/2013 18:05, John J. Boyer wrote:
I've been thinking about a namespace for a while. All that is needed is
to replace some NULL pointers with pointers to a string. However, I'm
not sure what the string should contain. I think it should be

utd:liblouis.org/utdns.html

Or something similar. It's a matter of what libxml2 expects.

John

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 05:42:00PM +0100, Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
Having been discussing things here at ViewPlus about UTDML, I think we
are feeling we want to have UTDML elements to have their own namespace.

As UTDML is being added to existing XML formats, really a XML namespace
should be used to prevent node name clashes, such as if another format
has brl nodes of its own, how would one know which are UTDML nodes and
which are the original format's brl nodes?

Some of those working on how to convert UTDML to something our embossers
can emboss say that without the namespace it is difficult or even
impossible to process the UTDML without the namespace. I can follow the
reasoning although I have not tried to process it and extract the
required information.

Michael Whapples