[liblouis-liblouisxml] UTDML namespace

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 17:42:00 +0100

Hello,
Having been discussing things here at ViewPlus about UTDML, I think we are feeling we want to have UTDML elements to have their own namespace.

As UTDML is being added to existing XML formats, really a XML namespace should be used to prevent node name clashes, such as if another format has brl nodes of its own, how would one know which are UTDML nodes and which are the original format's brl nodes?

Some of those working on how to convert UTDML to something our embossers can emboss say that without the namespace it is difficult or even impossible to process the UTDML without the namespace. I can follow the reasoning although I have not tried to process it and extract the required information.

Michael Whapples