[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Translating PDF to Braille

  • From: "John Gardner" <john.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 15:09:21 -0700

Michael, this is the talk I had remembered.  It was indeed about conversion
to DAISY, not Braille.  Sorry.  If one could find a way to convert to decent
DAISY, however, then liblouisxml would, at least in principle, be able to
translate it to decent braille.  I have more faith in the latter than the
former however.  My experience with PDF makes me very skeptical that you'll
ever be able to convert PDF to any accessible format automatically for the
types of PDF you describe.