[liblouis-liblouisxml] The use of inlen output

  • From: Eitan Isaacson <eitan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 13:50:44 -0800

Hi,

I asked John this question before, but I didn't understand his answer,
so here it is again. *smile*

When calling translate() or translateString() in liblouis the outlen
variable's reference is passed, and it is re-assigned to the newly
translated string's length. inlen also seems to be modified, but I am
not sure what it's new value means, or how it is useful. Shouldn't inlen
remain equal to the length of the input buffer?

Cheers,
        Eitan.