[liblouis-liblouisxml] Semantic files

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 23:55:41 +0000

Hello,
John said earlier that I could translate just a mathml equation (from the math element) into Braille by using the lbx_translateString function. I was puzzling over this for a little and now seem to be getting it to work, but it wasn't how I would have expected it to work. I found that using the standard ukmaths.cfg file I kept getting messages saying that it couldn't find math.sem. When I created a modified ukmaths.cfg file so that the semanticFiles line read:
semanticFiles ukmaths.sem
then it worked fine. Does this mean I will need to generate a different configuration for when I just want to do equations? Why doesn't the original semanticFiles line:
semanticFiles *,ukmaths.sem
not work for the case when the root element is <math>?

Michael Whapples