[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: SV: Who is interested in working on a Windows GUI for liblouisutdml?

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 07:23:56 -0500

Hi Bue,

Great work! It would also be great to have the project on github.

John

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 01:13:08PM +0200, Bue Vester-Andersen wrote:

Hi,

I have already started the development of a gui for liblouisutdml. I am
primarily working on Windows, but it would be nice, it the program could
also work on other operating systems. I am using Python and wxwidgets for
the user interface. BTW, does anyone know if wx is accessible with a screen
reader on Linux?

The program is supposed to be a hands-off Braille translator for personal
use with as high a level of automation as possible. I am also planning to
have multiple customizable profiles, e.g. for different languages or output
media.

If others would be interested in working on the project, I could put it on
github, so that others can contribute.

Best regards Bue