[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Regex question

  • From: Ken Perry <kperry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 18:59:42 +0000

Oh no kidding I have actually been impressed at how well we have got liblouis
to work with many things and hyphens is just another fun thing to fight around.
 I think the Biggest problem for braille in the future is when the codes are
designed like UEB the people on the committees are still thinking mainly for
literature braille.  When using braille as output on a computer I have found
that we need to come up with a more generic braille code that can easily be
back translated no matter if we are dealing with literature or a coding
language or a linux path with colons between words with no spaces.  I think
when full page displays become available there is going to have to be yet
another  transformation of the braille code to take into account the fact that
weird things like computer code some poetry and stuff that is just not normal
literature will still need to be quickly and accurately translated by non
humans.

I will go read your article now.
Ken