[liblouis-liblouisxml] Questions about largesign

  • From: "Jonathan Sharp" <jonathans@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:13:55 +1300

I have discovered that if two largesign words occur at the end of a string
to be forward-translated, then the space between the words is not removed.
For example, if "for the" is translated, it results in "equals space
exclamation mark" rather than just "equals exclamation mark".  Unfortunately
sequences of words like this occur in my use of the translator.

Also if there is a punctuation character after two largesign words then the
words are not joined.  For example, "and of for example" translates
correctly as &(= example". Whereas  "and of, for example" translates as "&
(1 = example". I would have thought there should not be a space between the
words "and" and "of" - i.e. "&(1 = example". The space between "of," and
"for" of course should be there because of the comma.

I don't know how often in practice the second problem occurs but the first
one is causing me particular grief.

Many thanks

Jonathan Sharp