[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Question over version appended to windows DLL

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:46:48 +0200

Michael Whapples writes:

> When I was discussing this for the MSVC build scripts it was accepted to
> drop this -2 part of the output DLL name.
>
> I would like to ask the same for the GNU make system as well so that
> building with mingw-w64 will result in liblouis.dll as well.
>
> NOTE: Just renaming it will not be sufficient, it should be done at
> build time. [...]

I know it can be done by adding -avoid-version to
liblouis_la_LDFLAGS. To do it for Windows builds only we probably need
something like this in configure.in:

    liblouis_la_LDFLAGS_MINGW_EXTRA=
    case "$host" in
      *-*-mingw*)
      liblouis_la_LDFLAGS_MINGW_EXTRA="-avoid-version"
      ;;
    esac
    AC_SUBST(liblouis_la_LDFLAGS_MINGW_EXTRA)

and in liblouis/Makefile.am:

    liblouis_la_LDFLAGS = @liblouis_la_LDFLAGS_MINGW_EXTRA@ ...