[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Python 3 and/or GObject introspection support?

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 18:06:13 +0100

Hello,
Well those on the brltty list may already know what I am going to say, but as it relates here as well and there may be some who aren't on the brltty list, may be I can help with porting the liblouis bindings to python3. I was going to look at the brltty ones but they are going to be harder for me to deal with on the windows systems I have here.

My plan would probably be to continue using ctypes for liblouis bindings like we currently are for python2.

Anyone with any thoughts?

Michael Whapples
On 13/05/2012 01:28, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey all.

Both Ubuntu and GNOME are migrating everything over to Python 3. As a
result, Orca is migrating to Python 3. And as a result of that, Orca
needs either Python 3 bindings or  to interact with liblouis via GObject
introspection. What is the current state?

Thanks in advance! Take care.
--joanie