[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Preserving newlines and tabs.

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 23:16:15 -0600

P.S., Dave,

You can use the function compileString to define newline and tab instead
of a table list. This would be used after the table is loaded.

John

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 09:11:57PM -0600, John J. Boyer wrote:

Hi Dave,

The translation tables are probably setting newlines and tabs to space.
You can assign dot combinations to them instead. For example,

space \x0009 128 tab
space \x000a 528 newline

Put these definitions in a small table and use a comma-separated table
list, with the small table last.

This should work if I remember right.

John

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 07:57:09PM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
Right now, I'm translating to braille with mode set to (dotsIO | ucBrl).
This
gives me the Unicode braille patterns that I do want, but it also loses
newlines and tabs. Is there any way to preserve newlines and tabs, or do I
need
to restore them myself after the translation?

--
Dave Mielke | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the very Word of
God.

--
John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.