[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: New Apps To Translate text and Music Score on Android

  • From: Dang Hoai Phuc <danghoaiphuc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Андрей <andrewia2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 21:03:09 +0700

Hi Andrey,

For your questions,

And two questions, please: Is it possible to use the application to work with an Android phone? For the Internet serfing or reading Emails, for example, Or it is only for read text files and music?

No, the SM Braille Viewer app is mainly designed to work as an engine for third-party apps to send text, translate and show on Braille display. Feature of openning and translating text files now is somehow just an experimenting and demonstration features. It was originally designed to handle the Braille music translation from our other app named SM Music Reader. But we think it should be useful for other developpers to benefit from for their own apps.

What about Braille codes? What tables You use, for example, for Russian language? Can a user change the file of table? There are a lot of Braille tables for some languages. Grade1, grade2 and computer Braille, which is forgotten by lots of people.

We base on the international Braille music code manual. However, Braille music translation feature of SM Music Reader now is still at a basic level. Not all rules are implemented.

Text elements like song titles, lyrics, words etc can be translated with selected tables which are available in latest LibLouis 3.13

Phúc

Best regards,
Andrey
For a description of the software, to download it and links to
project pages go to http://liblouis.org
Donate: http://liblouis.org/sponsoring

--
Dang Hoai Phuc/Executive Director