[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: [NVDA] British French and German Braille with NVDA?

  • From: Paul wood <paulw.torchtrust@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 11:49:42 +0100

Just so you know UKAAf are looking at what we do with using other codes when we switch to UEB The SEB info for other languages in SEB are found http://www.ukaaf.org/braille/standards My recommendation and I think most feel that we should use the proper source language braille code. We are consulting Teachers who are teaching english braille users these other languages which I'm sure you can appreciate is the target audience.

HTH
Paul

On 06/08/2013 09:15, Christian Egli wrote:
Hi Joseph and Charlie

Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

whether NVDA has the Braille tables to support reading the British
versions of both the French and German Braille codes, rather than the
versions of the codes used in French and German-speaking countries.
I didn't know there was a British versions of the German Braille codes.
I presume there is no such table in liblouis (which NVDA is based on).
Have a look at the existing tables in
https://code.google.com/p/liblouis/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Ftables.
If there is no such table you could take one of the existing ones and
adapt it to your specific needs. It isn't that hard really. This is of
course the power that comes with free software. You get to tinker with
it and adapt it to your needs, but I digress. Look at the documentation
on how to write tables.

What all of this has to do with the Brailliant I don't know. Is the
software running on this device? I presume it runs on your PC.

Hope that helps